Is Homework Really Worth it?

Jenna Baglio, News Reporter

Even though a lot of students at Dobie have already gotten the hang of school homework, there is more than enough people who still don’t like doing it. Sports and after school activities also get in the way of kids study time and homework time too. It just comes down to one question, is homework really worth it?

Many kids at Dobie would love to agree that homework is a big waste of time, but one student with the name of Madelyn Pickett has neutral feelings about it and states, “Homework helps us remember things we learned in class.” Pickett also agrees that it can be a little too much at the same time and says, “Sometimes teachers excessively overload us with homework, like they want us to study for the S.A.T’s.” Both of her opinions are very hard to disagree with because they show great, valid points.

After getting to know someone who has an undecided opinion on whether or not homework is useful or not, Jocelynn Klein does not think it is a waste of time, as much as, that some people get too much of it. “Some kids are up all night doing homework and they don’t get enough sleep,” Klein says. Kleins statement does give a great point, homework is helpful but some students may get too much to handle at once.

Although there are many reasons to believe that homework is not good, it can still be beneficial to a lot of students and help them in the near future. It can help with tests and it “shockingly” can bring your grades up. It really is just your opinion, deciding whether or not to do the homework teachers give out.

13 Comments

13 Responses to “Is Homework Really Worth it?”

1. Alessandra Aladzeme on December 14th, 2017 12:55 pm

I feel that your title does not go to much with the article although yo interviewed people with very good points that leave you thinking in between if homework is good or not.

[Reply]

2. Lauren Gray on December 14th, 2017 12:58 pm

I think having 3 sheets of homework every single night, studying for tests and notecards is really tough.

[Reply]

3. Jordyn Pollard on December 14th, 2017 1:05 pm

I think that it’s okay to have a little bit of homework, but I think that we get to much.

[Reply]

4. Kristen Howard on December 14th, 2017 1:15 pm

I think we shouldn’t have homework

[Reply]

5. Erynn Sanders on December 14th, 2017 2:03 pm

I like getting homework for math because it helps me review the lesson, but homework for every class is overdoing it.

[Reply]

6. JonathanA on December 14th, 2017 2:43 pm

I agree with your views, but I still manage to keep up with my homework.

[Reply]

7. carlea on December 14th, 2017 2:51 pm

i love this it is so cool i totally relate so yah

[Reply]

8. Keiahna on December 14th, 2017 3:00 pm

I like how you put in the “shockingly” part about how homework if beneficial.

[Reply]

9. Hailey Davis on December 14th, 2017 3:10 pm

I like how you executed this article.

[Reply]

10. Seraphim Wright on February 1st, 2018 10:09 am

This is a really great article, and I especially liked how you put different sides on the subject in the article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Reply]

11. Madilyn Morris on February 1st, 2018 10:09 am

I like the quotes and the reasons you got. This article made me think about homework, and how its helps us our grades.

[Reply]

12. Tamyra Daniels on February 1st, 2018 10:51 am

Homework stress me out so much! I LOVE the article.

[Reply]

13. Keiahna on February 1st, 2018 2:57 pm

I have mixed feelings about the subject. While yes homework does help us understand a subject better, I feel that the amount given is quite a bit extra.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Is Homework Really Worth it?