Personal View: False accusations are cruel and need to stop

Jason Dobbins, Staff reporter

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

Most people have been wrongly accused of something in their life. Many students would get mad if one of their peers did something stupid and they got in trouble for it. Unfortunately, many people are wrongly accused of many things today. False allegations are too common in today’s world, and that is nowhere near a good thing. Here is a list of why false allegations need to stop.

Number 1: It can ruin someone’s life. Imagine this: You have a steady life. Good job, have a family, good house, etc. etc. Then one day, your co-worker accuses you of sexual assault, and all of that is completely gone. Your significant other leaves you over the allegations, taking with her your kids and the house, as well as your finances and belongings. You’re fired from your job and you have difficulty finding a new one because of the allegation. If you are convicted, you can be incarcerated. All of that happens in an instant. By just one action of slander your entire life is ruined. Unfortunately, this scenario is very common, especially with men. That is completely unacceptable.

Number 2: The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Now you may be wondering: “What does some fairy tail have to do with false accusations?” Well in the story, a shepherd boy repeatedly tricks nearby villagers into thinking wolves are attacking his flock. When a wolf eventually does attack his flock, he tries to get help but the villagers think it is another prank. His sheep are eaten and (in some cases) the boy is eaten as well. This is a similar to false accusations. If we keep spreading false allegations in the news, we’re keeping our attention away from the real ones. It also makes it harder to believe the people who are actual victims, since our automatic response will be: “oh, all these others are fake, why should I believe this one?”

Now that you know about these dangers, what is a way we can help get rid of these? First, we should stop automatically believing people who make accusations. It is commonplace that people will exploit the emotions of people who do this to help bring down famous people, (especially politicians) they disagree with. We should also punish people who make false accusations to discourage people from doing them, and to teach a lesson to the bastards who would do such a thing. Now, whenever you see an accusation, please stop and think: “Is this true or not?”

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

17 Comments

17 Responses to “Personal View: False accusations are cruel and need to stop”

1. Madilyn Morris on April 5th, 2018 10:05 am

I love this so very much because so many people like to accuse things that aren’t true. Lots of people need to read this an understand that they shouldn’t accuse things.

2. neaveh riojas on April 5th, 2018 10:07 am

i really like this article, false accusations such a rumors should not be believed unless someone has prove, it can cause a person to be seen in a different light in which they don’t belong in and it hurts, thanks for writing this article and informing others of what false accusations can do

3. Leilani Barajas on April 5th, 2018 10:25 am

This article explains the problem of false accusations and how they can ruin your life very well.

4. Anayah Butler on April 5th, 2018 11:00 am

I like your article because it shows that false accusations are a bad thing and it needs to stop

5. jazmyn on April 5th, 2018 12:23 pm

I love how you used different examples for each reason.

6. Reese Evans on April 5th, 2018 12:47 pm

Superb article! I enjoy that you put different scenarios in a fairly short article!

7. Aidiana Hernandez on April 5th, 2018 12:47 pm

This article is great! and I 110% agree!

8. Carina Ethier on April 5th, 2018 12:48 pm

I think this makes a very valid point. People need to stop with the false accusations it can really ruin someones life. I really like how you listed reasons and you also made it should very clear and interesting.

9. Mona Casas on April 5th, 2018 12:49 pm

i agreed with the main points in this article and i think it was very well put together

10. Kaydence Hicks on April 5th, 2018 12:50 pm

This is a very good article and very true! It was very well written and you used a great choice of words.

11. Brea Mars on April 5th, 2018 1:54 pm

I loved it! absolutely wonderful. The situations that you made were very informational and made me feel a certain way. Good job!

12. sarag guidry on April 5th, 2018 2:13 pm

i agree with the idea of the article and enjoyed reading it

13. Darien Thomas on April 5th, 2018 2:40 pm

I’m happy with the fact that someone is finally pointing stuff that is happening at this school.

14. Keiahna Tucker on April 5th, 2018 2:41 pm

This is a very true subject, that I strongly agree with.

15. Kylie on April 5th, 2018 2:46 pm

This is a very well put together article. I love how you put real examples and how you backed up your facts. this was wonderful!

16. Kayla Looney on April 5th, 2018 3:03 pm

I like that the reasons are very strong and this topic is happening everywhere but no one really knows or doesn’t care. People need to bring more attention to the subject of being falsely accused of something. I have seen someone who was falsely accused and how it made them feel. I totally agree with the subject it should stop.

17. Hailey Davis on April 5th, 2018 3:13 pm

I really like the format that you did this in

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Right

PV: The best art teacher, Mrs. Santos

Personal View

PV: Why I appreciate Mrs. Reed

Personal View

PV: Mrs. Freres – My favorite teacher

• Personal View

PV: God, Science, or Both?

Personal View: False accusations are cruel and need to stop