PV: The difference between 7th and 8th grade

Alexis+Keefe
Back to Article
Back to Article

Alexis Keefe

Alexis Keefe

Ava Normandin

Alexis Keefe

Ava Normandin

Ava Normandin

Alexis Keefe

Alexis Keefe, Staff Reporter

Hello my name is Alexis Keefe and I am an 8th grader. I moved here from Kadena Middle School. I moved to this school about halfway through 7th grade.

There is a huge difference between 7th grade and 8th grade. One of the differences that I noticed was confidence in the hallways during the first few days of school. A lot of the 8th graders were here last year, so they already knew the setup of the school, and the general direction of their classes. The 7th graders were all practically new to the school and haven’t had to navigate it all on their own yet. This makes it much harder to find where to go, even with teachers in the halls to help.

Another difference between 7th and 8th grade is how important everything is to them later in life. As seventh graders, there is a bit more room to get used to all of the homework and how everything is set up. Their grades have less of an effect on their future than if you were to be in 8th grade. This year is more for getting settled to a schedule and how everything works in middle school and high school. Eighth grade tends to be a way to prepare for highschool and college. As 8th graders, we need to focus on getting the best grades possible because it affects our future more.

One of the most noticeable differences between grades is the social difference. As the oldest kids in the school, 8th graders tend to feel like they have more power. We are almost out of middle school and are most likely happy about it. The 7th graders still have 7th grade and 8th grade left until high school. They just got out of elementary/intermediate school, so they tend to act more immature, which is perfectly fine because middle school is your time to mature before you go to high school.

Seventh grade is a little bit easier than 8th grade because is more of an introduction into middle school, so they aren’t required to do as much work as 8th graders. The 8th graders are preparing for high school, so we have to do more to be ready for all of the work that high school will make us do. There is a lot more stress in doing everything on time. There are many similarities and differences between 7th and 8th grade, but the most important thing is to enjoy it because you won’t get to repeat these years.

About the Writer
Alexis Keefe, Staff Reporter

My name is Alexis Keefe. I'm an 8th grader at Dobie Jr High. My favorite kind of music is pop/punk and I love playing with my dog. When I grow up I want...

• Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: Press should have Freedom

• PV: The difference between 7th and 8th grade

Personal View

PV: Social media detox is a good idea

Personal View

PV: Why I Appreciate Mrs. Montgomery

Personal View

PV: Grateful for Mr. Viera

Personal View

PV: My Experience Growing Up In A Military Family

• Personal View

Telling Real from Fake can be really Important

• Personal View

PV: Social Media Controls The Youth

• Personal View

PV: Why Mrs.jordiin is the best teacher ever

Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor

Personal View

PV: I am thankful for Mrs.Garcia