PV: The STAAR test is good for students

Arianna+Fisher
Back to Article
Back to Article

PV: The STAAR test is good for students

Arianna Fisher

Arianna Fisher

Jocelyn McComic

Arianna Fisher

Jocelyn McComic

Jocelyn McComic

Arianna Fisher

Aria Fisher, staff reporter

The STAAR test is very stressful, and the silent classroom just adds on. Its is very good because you will see where you stand. Me in the classroom while trying to think sometimes I forget what we have learned. We have 4 hours but sometimes you can feel rushed when doing the test. This test is based off of what students have learned in this past school year. It is supposed to help others to find out how to help the kids.

They are supposed to help see if you are ready to move on to the next grade level. According to the Texas Management system the STAAR test is a test you take from grades 3-12. The STAAR tests are designed to measure what students are learning in each grade to see whether or not they are ready for the next grade level. It is to ensure that all students receive what they need to be successful.

Jeff Wheatcraft a middle-school teacher in San Antonio said on The Source on Texas public radio “We want them to be successful in 21 century skills like collaborate, communicate, think critically these are things that are not tested on that.” He is right but we also need to know that the kids are learning academically. If parents or administrators never know how the students do then they won’t know how to help the students.

The STAAR is stressful but it is meant to be able to measure where the kids are at with the learning stage.the test doesn’t test on the skills for life. It is a very good test for the math,writing,science, reading, social studies part.