My seventh grade year so far

Back to Article
Back to Article

My seventh grade year so far

Alyson LoneBear, Staff Reporter

My seventh grade year so far

Hello, my name is Alyson Lone Bear, I am a seventh grader at J. Frank Dobie Jr High. The subject I will be writing about is my experiences and goals for the school year. This school year has been crazy and stressful so far.

The halls have been crowded, and I feel pushed around, there is pushing and kissing *blah* and everything in between. Everyone is trying to get to and from their classes and are stopping abruptly with students trying to get to their lockers. At first I couldn’t open my locker, but after a few tries, I FINALLY got it!! 

My goals for this year is; to always be punctual and on time to all of my classes, have decent attendance (unless I am sick or something), get straight A’s or high B’s, and definitely, under NO circumstances, have failing grades!!! Failing a class would 100% be the DEATH of me! I have other goals too that aren’t “necessarily” school related such as; get more friends, don’t kill the fish, and clean my room. My goals are something I would for sure like to accomplish. 

I would have to say that my favourite classes are Journalism and Science. At the beginning I thought they would be math and more math, but as of right now, math hasn’t been the best. I’ve been feeling stressed and I’ve been making simple and stupid mistakes. I like science and journalism because the “vibe” in there just makes me happy. I like the teachers, I like the students, and I really enjoy the activities and paperwork.

I would have to say that History probably makes the number three spot, because for some odd reason I am pretty good at note taking (which we do a lot), and I seem to like the test/quiz taking environment.  

Those are my favorites, goals, highlights and experiences this school year so far.