One Punch Man is now very well-known at Dobie

Zoriah Briseno, Staff Reporter

You may have noticed the manga inside of the school library, but don’t know if it’s for you. This manga is mostly suited for Young Adults or Older Adolescence due to the adult humor and violence involved in this anime.

So, you may ask: What is One Punch Man? One-Punch Man is a Japanese webcomic and manga series created by ONE.

The webcomic started in July 2009, with more than 10 million views and 20,000 hits per day. Due to the popularity, ONE decided to publish it as a serious manga.

“I read the manga of One Punch Man, but prefer the anime, which is very uncommon.” said Kendall Brown, 8th grader. “I like the English dubbed version because the voices are in sync with the mouths talking. The anime is also more detailed than the manga and webcomic, since the webcomic was first supposed to be a joke comic, but it turned into a manga when a publisher found out it was a potential story.”

The story follows the life of an average hero named Saitama who manages to win all of his fights with just one punch! “Obviously the most powerful person from One Punch Man is One Punch Man, Saitama, himself! He can defeat powerful aliens and a Sea King with one punch!!” said Kendall Brown, 8th grader, enthusiastically.

He trained by doing 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 10 kilometers every day for a year and a half. He trained so hard that he lost all of his hair due to the intensity. This ends up being the cause of a lot of frustration as he no longer feels the thrill and adrenaline rush of battle. Even worse.. when he fights, everyone doesn’t give him credit or don’t believe it and name him a fraud.

His incredible power has lead others to be inspired by him. But, there is different kinds of inspiration that he encourages. Some want to beat him and some want to be his closest friends, so they can learn his secrets to meet his strength.

Genos, a powerful robot, wishes to be his ‘student’ and for him to teach him his ways. Saitama, of course, knows that doing exercise won’t do a robot any good, decides to tag him along so he could just prove Genos is strong himself. Sonic, a bodyguard, sees Saitama’s strength and declares him to be his ‘arch rival’, earning him the title as a villain. In the fanbase of OPM, he is the most liked. In a survey around Dobie of 35 students, 19 of them like Sonic the best due to his personality and agility. “Sonic is my favorite! Just his agility and his determination to defeat Saitama makes him my favorite. I also like his design and his hair,” said Matthew Crabtree, 8th grader.

You could watch the anime on Kissanime.com or read the manga on Mangafox.com. It’s really funny as more people await for the second season of One Punch Man, such as Matthew Crabtree, 8th grader. “I am really excited for Season 2!” said Crabtree. “Season one ended in a HUGE cliffhanger and I don’t read the manga, so I won’t know what happens until it comes out.”

Many are agonizing for a battle of their favorite villains versus their favorite heroes. “If I could watch any fight happen with the people from One Punch Man, it would be The Deep Sea King and Sonic since Sonic came after Saitama beat it. I was excited to see it until I realized Saitama showed up,” said Matthew Crabtree, 8th grader.

One Punch Man fans everywhere are spreading the news of this new anime and want it to be recognized, which would put a smile on everyone’s face as a grand and funny anime.